Speaker Information & Logistics
Congratulations and welcome to the Lean Agile KC 2017 official program. This Speaker Logistics webpage will serve as your home base for #LAKC17 information.
CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATES!
Should you have any questions regarding speaking, please contact Jenny (email@example.com). Please also be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email allowed list in order to successfully receive all email communications.
See below for all information and instructions to help you successfully prepare for presenting your session at LAKC.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Please make sure you have read both the attendee CoC and the Speaker CoC. There is a zero tolerance policy against violations.
- Speaker Schedule – Please review the schedule available here. If you have any issues with the timing, please let me know no later than 10/19. On 10/20 the final timing will be posted online, which will include room assignments.
- Social Media – We have started promoting sessions! We encourage you to promote it as well! If so, please include #LAKC17 in your social media posts! We’ve included some ideas for tweets at the bottom of this page if you’re looking for ideas!
- Hotel – We recommend the Aloft, Leawood/Overland Park. The Speaker Dinner is right next door.
- Speaker Appreciation Dinner (6-8pm, Gordon Biersch) – We really hope you can join! Register by 10/31, please!
- COC – Another reminder to adhere to the Speaker Code of Conduct.
- Twitter – We suggest putting your Twitter handle and the conference hashtag #LAKC17 on each slide. Some participants want to tweet during presentations, and this makes it easier for them to find you!
- Sharing your content – We encourage, but do not require speakers to share their content. You can do this one of two ways. Please remove any confidential information, or anything you don’t want shared publicly (e.g. IP)
- Post your session materials online to the file sharing site of your choice (Slideshare, Google drive, personal website, etc) – then send Jenny@blueshiftinnovation.com the link.
- Send Jenny@blueshiftinnovation.com your PDF, which we will post on our website.
THE DAY OF…
- The conference is at KU Edwards Campus,12600 S Quivira Rd, Overland Park, KS 66213. The conference includes 250 attendees, including volunteers and speakers.
- Review the Attendee Logistics Page for
- There is ample parking – follow the signs for the BEST building.
- Breakfast, lunch and happy hour provided!
- The speaker room is located at [To Be Announced].
- There will be water and light refreshments available throughout the day.
- Basic supplies will be available – post it notes, sharpies, flip charts. Help yourself.
- Please contact Jenny 816-213-3260 for last minute items, we’ll see what we can do!
- There are no printing capabilities at the venue, please plan ahead.
- We are really hoping you stay and enjoy the other talks, Open KC sessions and Happy Hour. Jason Tice, Joe Ziadeh and John Krewson return from St. Louis this year to lead us in late afternoon Agile Game Play!
- Room assignments will be announced approximately two weeks before the conference, and posted here along with additional room information (setup, capacity).
- All rooms have standard size display (4:3) not widescreen (16:9).
- VGA and HDMI connections are available as well as an audio jack.
- We recommend testing your laptop in your room during breakfast, lunch, or break prior to your session.
- A/V support is available from the venue, but they do need to be called in, so expect a delay if you need help.
AFTER YOUR TALK…
- Presentation Feedback – The conference will supply feedback forms that will be distributed to all attendees in your session – volunteers will distribute and collect these forms at the end of the session. Following your session, you can stop by the registration desk to view your session feedback before leaving. Lean Agile KC will keep the original feedback forms, but you’ll receive an email with the results within one month of the conference.
Thanks! Looking forward to LAKC!